13 Sep Transfer Talk: Partey tops Juve’s list of Pogba replacements
The summer transfer window has closed throughout most of Europe, but there are still moves in the works and plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Partey tops Juve’s shortlist
The doubt caused by Paul Pogba’s positive doping test has resulted in Juventus sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli looking at midfielders who could be brought in as soon as January, and Italian outlet Calciomercato have listed the players the Serie A giants are interested in.
Juve are also looking at Borussia Monchengladbach‘s Manu Kone, who was previously monitored by AC Milan during his time at Toulouse and has taken another step up with his performances since moving to the Bundesliga.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga & more (U.S.)
– Read on ESPN+: Projecting how USMNT stars will do at new Euro clubs
– Everton, Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sheffield United have all shown an interest in free agent midfielder Xeka, according to TEAMtalk. The 28-year-old, who most recently represented Stade Rennais, also has interest from Championship sides Southampton and West Bromwich Albion.
– Brentford will make another effort to sign PSV Eindhoven winger Johan Bakayoko in January after seeing a £34m offer rejected during the summer, reports Football Insider. The likes of Liverpool, Everton, Crystal Palace and Burnley have all showed an interest in the 20-year-old and competition for his signature will likely be fierce in January.
– Everton are willing to let midfielder André Gomes join Turkish Super Lig outfit Fenerbahce for as little as £5m, according to TEAMtalk, who add that Toffees boss Sean Dyche wants to trim down his squad to help balance the club’s books. Fenerbahce are eager to sign the 30-year-old and talks between the two clubs are now advanced.
– Adana Demirspor have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Edouard Michut on loan from Paris Saint-Germain, reports Fabrizio Romano, who adds that there is a verbal agreement with the clubs waiting to check documents and sign. Mavi Şimşekler boss Patrick Kluivert was keen to bring in the 20-year-old and there is an option to make the deal permanent.
– Free agent Pajtim Kasami will sign a contract to join Serie B side Sampdoria until 2024 with the option of another year, reports Fabrizio Romano, with the club aiming to get back into the top flight. The 31-year-old midfielder has accepted the move, having been a free agent since departing Olympiakos.